Saturday, June 11, 2011

here we go

Okay, we're starting a blog.  And by "we" I most likely mean the "Katherine" part of "we".  We'll see how this goes.  I make no promises.  
   
I avoided it for awhile because. . .
1. It's what everyone does when they get married.  
2. I didn't know what to write about, and didn't want to have 10 posts in a row about what we are eating for dinner.
3. I'm already self-absorbed enough. 
4. Hubs vetoed it.  Yes!!  Easy decision. 

With that being said, I do see how it would be helpful because. . .
1. I do want to have some kind of record of our life together: the ordinary, the exciting, the photos, and the random things to look back on and laugh at or say "Whhaaaat?!?!?!!!"
2. My mom (Hi mamacita!!) has taken on technology this year and gotten a laptop.  She looks at blogs now, and she'll enjoy looking at her daughter's blog, and I'll never see her on Facebook in this lifetime, and it'll help keep us close.   Oh and after each post she'll say: "Jerry, come look at this!" And dearest dad will get to enjoy it too (Hi dad!).  
3. The dear friends far, far away have asked: "What's life like in San Francisco? What's your apartment look like? How's married life? Are you still ALIVE!?!?!?!  (I'm BAD at long distance and we all know it!!).  Hopefully it'll answer some of those questions and help keep us close. 
4. Some local friends are doing some fun blogging stuff like this that I'd like to join in on.  So since I have a summer with next to nothing to do, I'm caving.  Maybe it'll keep us local friends close too.  =) 


So. Here we go.


Oh and the hubs isn't totally opposed to the idea anymore either, but he'll likely only be contributing by being in photos like this one: 


His hotness on our wedding day  
And the Gene we know and love
He said I have to have one with me in it



No comments:

Post a Comment